Attempted analysis of remaining release holdups...

What seems to need to be done before release (apart from the usual
bug-squashing / buggy package removal, etc.):

* glibc 2.3.2 which works on hppa needs to be finished and uploaded.
(Carlos is apparently close to done with this....)

* gcc 3.3 which works on arm needs to be finished and uploaded.  (This
was a Pascal-only problem last I checked -- haven't heard any status info.
Actually, I'm a little confused by this, since GCC isn't listed as out-of-date
for any architecture in testing -- is it already fixed or something?)

* buildd's need to get the new toolchain in place to avoid problems with
building other packages.

* lcms dependency chain needs to get in.  (Colin Watson is working on this.)

* libsgc++ dependency chain should get in.  (This will probably go in on
  its own if everything just sits for a few more days -- there appear to
  be no actual bugs holding it out right now)

* KDE 3 needs to get in.
 -- qt-x11-free needs to be built on mips (timeout problem)
 -- buildd's need new gcc in place for kdemultimedia
 -- arts needs libtool update for arm
 -- Chris Cheney & others need to upload rest of kde 3.1.4

* python2.3 transition needs to go on (many people are working on this).

* Mozilla 1.4 going in.
 -- 2 RC bugs
 -- still isn't building on ia64 and arm apparently
 -- should probably sarge-ignore the 4 woody-only RC bugs after
    the above are fixed
 This needs more attention from porters than it's getting.  :-(

* Other Gnome 2 issues -- I don't know about these; I don't use gnome.

* debian-installer -- I'm still unclear on what needs to be done, but
  apparently powerpc and i386 are the only two which really work right now

----
What would be really nice if it was done:

* glibc which doesn't use stock kernel headers finished and uploaded.

* c102 transition finished, or all untransitioned packages removed: see
http://people.debian.org/~willy/gcc-transition/
Things are close, really close.  (I wish willy would upload an updated
db2 which drops db2++ already.)

* Out-of-date-binaries-in-testing fixed up (there are not very many)
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_outdate.txt

* Uninstallable binaries in testing fixed up (a list of reasons for each
one wouldn't hurt in dealing with this....)
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html