[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Nautilus/Galeon situation

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 09:13:31PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Our possibilities are:
> - Get galeon 1.3 ready to go in testing. This means fixing mozilla. I
>   would say "impossible" right now...
> - Get galeon removed from testing entirely for the time being.
> - Get galeon updated to get rid of galeon-nautilus via
>   testing-proposed-updates.
> As #1 is not realistic, we need to decide what to do. 

I hope that's not the case. I've not looked at the situation for a while
(and am not connected at the moment so cannot), but I thought it was
just a case of incorrectly setup builds for mozilla (missing build
dependencies or something left over from previous builds?)

If it's impossible, then it means mozilla, galeon, epiphany will not
ship with sarge. That does not seem realistic to me.

> Mark, do you agree with this? Are you able to prepare a Galeon 1.2.8
> upload now, or should I handle it?

I don't agree, I think all effort should go to fixing mozilla. Galeon
1.3 hasn't had a great deal of testing; It needs to go into testing as
soon as possible.

As a compromise, could you please take some time to look at fixing
mozilla; If this is unsucessful, send a report to gtk-gnome saying what
the problem is and what you tried - hopefully somebody will be able to
suggest how to fix things. 
If nothing happens after a few days, feel free to prepare a galeon NMU for
testing (I don't have time at the moment, sorry).

  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :
 `. `'  http://www.tildemh.com 
   `-   mh@debian.org | mh@tildemh.com | mh344@cam.ac.uk 

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: