Re: debian-installer (was Re: Unofficial Sarge Release Issues (Updated for August))

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:55:45PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> Now
> that I think of it though, if Adrian Bunk had his way it may be acceptable
> to have a release without an installer

It's not acceptable to have a release without an installer. It is,
in fact, utterly unthinkable.

    "Hi, I hear Debian just did a release! Congrats!"
    "Hey, thanks!"
    "So, I've got a new laptop here, got a CD I can use to install it?"
    "No."

The installer doesn't have to be particularly great, but it has to exist
and work. Upgrading from previous versions is not an acceptable answer,
since previous versions are not guaranteed to be available, and aren't
guaranteed to boot on new hardware.

Cheers,
aj

       ``Is this some kind of psych test?