Re: Unofficial Sarge Release Issues (Updated for August)

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 02:49:37PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> - glibc was having some trouble on the sparc architecture, but it looks
>   like it's fixed. I don't know if it will be able to go into testing
>   (Will the newer glibc package break packages in testing?)

glibc 2.3.2-1 in experimental was accidentally uploaded to unstable for
sparc, so lots of packages got built against that and are therefore
stuck. I understand that glibc 2.3.2-2 will be uploaded to unstable soon
and will start making its way from there.

> - The debian-installer (d-i) is in what I would call almost a releasable
>   state, but that's just my opinion. See debian-boot for information.
>   I'm also unsure if http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=d-i
>   actually does what I think it does as there are no reports found.

It does what it says on the tin, but if people aren't using the tag then
that's that. You may find
http://bugs.qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/debian-installer.cgi more useful.