Unofficial Sarge Release Issues (Updated for August)

I've started to try to use a wiki to control the Unofficial list of Sarge
Release Issues. You can view it at:
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?UnofficialSargeReleaseIssues

I welcome contributions to the wiki page as I'm starting to fall even
further behind in updating it. Ideally there would be reports from various
groups on a regular basis, but this is the best that can be easily done
right now.

To summarize:
- KDE 3 looks in pretty good shape. It's waiting on some port retries.
  arts is having some trouble on the ia64 [1] and is waiting for glibc and
  gcc-3.3. A few non-core packages seem to still have some bugs. See the
  debian-kde list for more information.
- GNOME 2 still has some RC bugs in packages included in it's meta-core.
  The majority of the problems seem to be related to things that can be
  fixed by porters retrying the builds, but I don't think anyone's told
  some of them (I.e. was the s390 team told that rebuilds would help?)
- gcc-3.3 has some kind of standards compliance problem on the s390? See
  the RC bug for details
- glibc was having some trouble on the sparc architecture, but it looks
  like it's fixed. I don't know if it will be able to go into testing
  (Will the newer glibc package break packages in testing?)
- The debian-installer (d-i) is in what I would call almost a releasable
  state, but that's just my opinion. See debian-boot for information.
  I'm also unsure if http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=d-i
  actually does what I think it does as there are no reports found.
- IPv6: It may also be worth noting that netbase may have out of the box
  support for IPv6 with it's next upload [2].

[1] http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=ia64&pkg=arts under 1.1.3-1 on
July 29th.
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ipv6/2003/debian-ipv6-200307/msg00003.html

     Drew Daniels