testing and sarge release goals

I've seen some comments on a desire to release sarge this year.

The main hang-up at this time would be the breakdown of the flow of
packages from unstable to testing.  My guess is that we need to get
testing updated pretty soon if we want any hope of releasing sarge
this year.

My understanding was the "constipation" of testing is based on a
number of crucial, core packages having problems.  Is that correct?

Here's the breakdown I've heard of:

- glibc update -- This one seems to be ok now, I think -- what is
  holding up unstable glibc from going into testing?

- g++ ABI changes -- I guess this is underway.  Is it a problem that
  all C++ libraries are coming in with different names?  Are we
  satisfied with how this transition is going?

- perl 5.8 RC bugs -- seems to be waiting on porting?

- xfree86 -- seems to be waiting on porting?

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>