Re: m68k boot-floppies for woody

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 02:46:44PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Yes, it pulls from a archive.  I don't know if woody cdrom images are
> around so I always pull from http.us.debian.org or whatever.
I haven't seen any woody images yet, especially not for m68k.

> Excellent to hear.  Are you going to be able to do a binary upload of
> the built package for 2.3.5 when we release that shortly?
I guess so, but I have to go to Wallops Island again monday and tuesday
(hopefully not longer).
If we could change the bf-archive install script a little, the amount of
files uploaded could be significantly reduced without loosing anything.
Currently we build [amiga|atari|mac|*vme*]install.tar.gz files so that
potential users have to download only one archive (and in earlier times the
base). However the contents of all these files is duplicated in
bf-base.tar.gz, which is an awful waste of space, and bandwidth when
uploading via a 33k6 link. Can we change the install script to unpack the
*inatt.tar.gz files and drop bf-root completely (unless there is something
in bf-root which is not in any of the other files of course)?

Christian