Re: m68k boot-floppies for woody

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 03:09:11PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 02:40:50PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > Nobody is working on m68k boot floppies for Woody at the moment.  This
> > is a bad situation.  Unless m68k porters start working on getting
> > things going for their architecture, won't that mean we don't have an
> > install system and m68k will not be able to participate in the Woody
> > release?
> Which is more important, bf for potato or bf for woody?

I started having a look at this, but no promises that I'll stick at
it to the end.  I wont be able to test on anything but the m68k
vme systems btw.

Anyway, so far I hit a problem with rescue.sh doing tests on
$system for 'atari', etc, when rescue.sh has been invoked with
$subarch='atari' and $system=''.  For now I've swapped $system
for $subarch in rescue.sh and am carrying on.  That affects other
than m68k though (pmac, iirc).

I don't understand the difference between subarch and system,
I guess.

Next problem was that m68k-specials/bootstra.ttp was missing.

Richard