Re: m68k boot-floppies for woody

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 11:32:35AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > ROOTCMD         := $(shell [ 	d -u = 0 ] || echo sudo)
> > Guess it will fail when I build as root, and no sudo is installed.
>
> Just replace the "sudo" part by whatever you use to achieve root
> (super should work too).
I just replaced it with $ROOTCMdD seems the right way to do it. sudo was
working fine for me and I guess nobody would have ever noticed, who else
besides Richard is trying to build on m68k?

> 'grab_paths m68k-vme-tftplilo' shoudl download that and return a path
> to where it was downloaded, or fail.
Where will it be downloaded to? Can try that at home.

> Fine with me.  I always wanted to add a quick-install section to the
> installation manual itself.  The top-level README has some
> quick-install notes too, you can add m68k scribblings in there too.
No, I am not going to add things there. As much as I'd like m68k to be
documented, I do not have the time for that. If you see me adding things
there, you should disable my CVS access.

I was more hoping that, by threatening to complete remove m68k
documentation, some m68k users would (again) wake up and help us out a bit
or a bit more. New users are much better suited to document the installation
process, long time users usually install blindly.

Christian