Re: Stable Release plan

Le Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 09:16:11AM +0200, Martin Schulze écrivait:
> > Also - is there any chance that .iso images or pseudo image
> > configurations could be ready _before_ the release is announced - eg
> > tonight cdimage.debian.org still has no idea about 2.2r3 - shouldnt .isos
> > be part of the release and the release be conditional upon them being done
> > ??
>
> Please get in touch with the debian-cd list, they should know about
> cdimage.d.o

No, no, the problem is with you. You install packages in the archive and 4
hours later you make the announcement. You need to let one day so that
files propagate to mirrors, send a mail to debian-cd@lists.debian.org
asking us to generate the new ISO with the newly installed files and let
another day so that ISO images have a chance to propagate too. And only
then you should do the announcement.

That said, people who usually create the debian-cd images ? What are you
doing with 2.2r3 ? Please take care to NOT use the CVS version of
debian-cd to generate the images (since I've introduced the new stuff for
signed Release file and so on and it's not yet ready for prime time) but
rather the last package (or even older ... but not too much). Or you may
use the latest debian-cd if you take care to remove manually the rules
*-secured in the Makefile.

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com