Re: Stable Release plan

lance wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > Considering how stable releaes were handled recently or better how
> > they weren't handled properly with regards to our duty to our users,
> > my plan is to release a new point release of stable about every one to
> > two monthts.  I'll continue to prepare releases and help our
> > ftp-masters with this.
> >
> > Having said that, I'm already preparing 2.2r4 so it could be released
> > around mid of May: http://people.debian.org/~joey/2.2r4/
>
> As a CD vendor - please try to keep a minimum time between point releases
> - say 3 months ??

No.  Three months is too much.  Please burn & sell the current point
release.  People who take care of security have to update anyway.  They
can get their updates from the net.  If they don't care, the n-1, n-2
point release is fine for them.

> Also - is there any chance that .iso images or pseudo image
> configurations could be ready _before_ the release is announced - eg
> tonight cdimage.debian.org still has no idea about 2.2r3 - shouldnt .isos
> be part of the release and the release be conditional upon them being done
> ??

Please get in touch with the debian-cd list, they should know about
cdimage.d.o

Please be advised that this is not a regular Debian release but only
a point release, mainly to cover security problems to be included.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Life is too short to run proprietary software.  -- Bdale Garbee