Re: Preparing 2.2r3

On Apr 02, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > On Apr 01, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > latex2rtf   stable    1.1-6       arm, m68k, powerpc
> > > latex2rtf   stable    1.8aa-2     alpha, i386, sparc
> > > latex2rtf   updates   1.8aa-4     alpha, arm, i386, sparc
> > >
> > > 	Changelog does not convince me to push it into stable:
> > >
> > > 	* Upload to stable to overcome the "can't build from source" bug that
> > > 	  breaks autobuild on some architectures.
> > >
> > > 	* Add build dependency on debhelper.
> > >
> > > 	m68k and powerpc missing
> > >
> > > 	Maintainer: Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org>
> >
> > Basically, the problem with -2 in stable is that there is a spurious
> > .o file in the archive (and it comes from upstream).
>
> It doesn't hurt for binary packages, I guess?

Well, it doesn't hurt if you are building for Intel, because it's an
Intel object file, or if you manually removed the file during the
build process (apparently the alpha and sparc maintainers did this to
make the build work).

> Ok, that explains it.  Only because architectures are out of sync I'm
> willing to let a new version in.

That's good news; the 1.1 version for some architectures was
definitely dated.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Doctoral Student, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5949