Re: Current 2.2r2 status

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:49:15PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:13:56PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > Did you do 'make check' ?  Are you building with the language chooser
> > per chance?   Odd.  It shouldn't be running this stuff unless you're
> > building with the Language chooser (i18n) stuff.
>
> FYI, I did a full build with "dpkg-buildpackage -B" and it built with no
> problems on sparc.
I am (still) building with debbuild, which is just a wrapper for
dpkg-buildpackage. make check is probably called in the beginning.

> I wonder, are you using the boot-floppies .deb, or a CVS checkout? I had
> to do "cvs up -dP" to make sure I got some new directories in the tree,
> else it failed to build.
I have been using the boot-floppies .deb. First it was failing because
python-dev was (as still is!) not mentioned in debian/control.

Then it failed with a compilation error and Marcin Owsiany said:
Again this is my fault :-(
This is something I forgot about during integration of
LANGUAGE_CHOOSER - the Makefile tries to build dbootstrap-lc
even if USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER is set to false. I (hopefully) fixed this
last night, in Makefile's revision 1.87

This discussion happend on the mailing list, did nobody read that?

Ive see 2.2.20 appear now, shall I use that one? Last night I tried with a
CVS checkout, might have worked, if my ftp sever hadn't gone away...

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/