Re: Current 2.2r2 status

Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 01:00:51PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Ben Collins wrote:
> > > FYI, I did a full build with "dpkg-buildpackage -B" and it built with no
> > > problems on sparc.
> >
> > AFAIK there are still pcmcia issues on i386. The pcmcia package doesn't
> > match the kernel or something and needs to be rebuilt.
>
> Ok, that's the issue I was trying to remember. Any idea who is handling
> this, and when it is expected to be done?

Adam Di Carlo was, but he had to take a trip.

Compiling matching kernels/pcmcia .deb's for the boot floppies is a bit
of a black art. You have to worry about the various i386 flavors, plus
just getting the resulting .deb to have the right filename can be tough.
It takes manual, undocumented hacking. Only people I know who know how
to do it are Randolph Chung, Adam Di Carlo, and Herbert Xu.

--
see shy jo