Test Cycle Three

Hello world,

With xfree86 uploaded and installed, we've hopefully finished all
the source level changes for test cycle three, and hence, hopefully,
for potato.

What does this mean?

First, it means the various architectures are just about out of time to
recompile binaries. You've got until about 18:00 Monday, GMT to do this.
As far as changed packages in TC3 go, see [0]. There's not too much more
that needs to do in general. Note that anything not done by 18:00 Monday
probably won't make it at all.

Second, it means we need a final set of release notes for TC3. These will
need to be updated again after TC3 to document any further problems we
have, of course, but the TC3 release notes will need to be ready by around
16:00 Monday, GMT.

Third, it means we'll need to start generating CDs after this. These will
hopefully be available on ftp.debian.org around 18:00 Tuesday, GMT, and
will hopefully include up to date binaries and release notes.

Fourth, if tradition holds, it probably means various .debian.org will
start exploding or catching fire, so if you've got physical access to
such a machine, take care, okay?

As far as further changes to potato go, there are two known (and
unresolved) security issues: a not particularly exploitable remote denial
of service in inn2 (66638), and a remote-access-to-user's-files bug in
gnapster (67554). The remaining bugs will need to wait for an additional
test cycle (if such a thing happens) or a point release of potato to be
included. Sorry.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://auric.debian.org/~ajt/uptodateness.html
    (Updated a little while after dinstall runs)

                                      -- Dave Clark