Re: M68K boot floppies / CDs

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Richard Braakman wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 01:37:29AM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> >   1) we fix it without changing the _r4
> >
> >   2) we fix it and go to _r5 for m68k only
> >
> >   3) we fix it and move to _r5 for everything
> >
> >   4) I fix it on the UK mirror, and the ``official'' CDs are produced from
> >      something other than the official stable archive.
> >
> >   5) We forget about it, and fail to produce CDs, like we did last time
> >      for both m68k & sparc.
>
> I think 3) is the best option.  It's time for a 2.1r5 anyway, with the
> y2k fixes we've found.  Vincent says it will be released "soon", which
> I take to mean about a week.  Vincent, can you give details?

About 1 week to get all the fixes in dists/proposed-updates (we still miss
quite a few), plus a few days to recompile on non-i386...

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -