Re: yet another snag (was Re: Current 2.2r2 status)

> If it is possible for someone to build a new
> pcmcia-modules-2.2.218pre21 I can possibly build boot-floppies 2.2.19
> with that tonight.  If not, we're going to have broken pcmcia on
> i386/vanilla kernel, which may or may not be a release blocker in the
> release manager's eyes.
>
> Of course, someone who is not me can build 2.2.19 i386 boot-floppies
> too.

<sigh>

Herbert, can you please rebuild pcmcia stuff on your machine? Get the pcmcia-cs
source deb from proposed updates, and do:

debian/rules KSRC=/path/to/unpacked/kernel/src KMAINT="Herbert Xu " \
	KEMAIL="herbert@debian.org" kdist

where the KSRC path is a path to an unpacked, configured, kernel (make
oldconfig; make dep)

This should give you a pcmcia-modules-2.2.18pre21_3.1.22-0.1potato_i386.deb
and pcmcia-modules-2.2.18pre21_3.1.22-0.1potato_i386.changes

copy the ide config into your kernel tree, repeat, and you'll get the
ide one.

I've found that kernel/pcmcia modules built with different versions of
gcc often will not work together, which is likely the problem here.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/