[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: boot-flopppies 2.2.18 and 2.2r2 and kernel 2.2.17

Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:41:38PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > 
> > Is it possible, in the short term, to get a revised 2.2.17 with the
> > fixed package versioning (an epoch or whatever you gotta do)?
> Well the old packages were fine as far as version monotonicity was
> concerned.  It was rejected because the RM thought that the epoch would
> cause people too much grief (something that I don't entirely agree with).
> Is it convenient for you to wait until this weekend? Because I have a
> hunch that 2.2.18 might be out soon so it may not be worthwhile spending
> a whole lot of effort recompiling kernel images for all architectures
> straight away.  What do you think?

This weekend is ok for me -- earlier is better, but whatever.  I'm
going to continue to use the kernels from before.  We have enough
testing requirements for 2.2.18 that I couldn't really get the upload
before next Monday at the earliest anyhow.

> > If you'd rather just work on 2.2.18, is it possible to get an ETA for
> > that?
> If you really need it straight away, I can give you a kernel source and
> half of the i386 images tomorrow night my time (+1100).  And if Randolph,
> Brian are around, we can probably have something ready by Friday.  But
> as I said, it may be wise to wait until the weekend to see if there are
> any developments on the 2.2.18 front.


.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>

Reply to: