boot-flopppies 2.2.18 and 2.2r2 and kernel 2.2.17

Herbert, I don't know ifyou were sufficiently informed but due to a
problem in the version numbering:

  Reason for rejection: "Epoch in version causes too much breakge for
  the clue impaired :-/"

However, I am going to assume this is a transient state of affairs and
that we will have 2.2.17 in 2.2r2.  It's possible we'll get it
together and have 2.2.18-pre but I need to work with something now for
the purposes of building 2.2.18 boot-floppies.

So -- 2.2.18 will be build pretty much based on 2.2.17 kernels and
pcmcia (now rejected).  Pretty much everything else we needed is
already in 2.2r1, at least for i386.

Anyhow, so I'm hoping to get 2.2.18 uploaded pretty soon.  Please keep
this list appraised of what is going on with the kernels.  I can back
out to using the 2.2.17pre6 kernels if I should be doing that instead.