Re: Potato revision 1

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> I'd like to upload doc-debian 2.2.2 with stuff updated to say how potato is
> the latest stable distribution, not slink, and a few other changes -
> everything in the package is documentation so it can't cause any real
> trouble. Please accept it.

Yes, I agree with that.  Historically, documentation only changes
(such as new developers-reference) have been accepted into Potato.

> > Perhaps a -2.4.x-test kernel might be another.
>
> Without -image packages, i.e. no binaries, I presume? Something like
> kernel-source-2.2.1 in slink...

*Shudder*

I think we should instead just have a web page akin to
<URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/running-kernel-2.2> but for
running 2.4 in Potato.  This is not the same as including 2.4 kernels
in Potato but rather some modicum of support for users who wish to run
2.4.

I know that 2.4 used to break boot-floppies (due to a gratuitious
change in /proc); newer ones apparently do not.  God knows what else
it breaks....