Re: debiandoc-sgml and Russian, Polish

Adam Di Carlo (adam@onshore.com) wrote:

> As I understand it, we need the woody debiandoc-sgml pakcage in order
> to build Russian and Polish installation manual and release notes
> (assuming they are otherwise ok), correct?

For Polish yes, for Russian I'm not aware of any changes made since the
last potato update.

> It's a little annoying to be in the situation again where for frozen
> or stable updates we need stuff from woody.  Do you think it's
> possible to upload debiandoc-sgml, at some point, to frozen/stable in
> an effort to achieve this consistency?  I know it breaks normal rules
> for upgrades to stable, but on the other hand, it's needed for proper
> boot-floppies builds, so I think that would justify its inclusion.

It's no problem making the version uploaded to woody also go into potato.
I've made some more changes than just adding Polish locale support, but
none is likely to break anything which isn't already broken. ;-)

Just say the word and I'll upload it.

Thanks,
Ardo
--