Re: kernels in potato destabilized

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 06:29:57PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> > I ask that you hold i386 kernels in Incoming until the other flavors
> > and the accompanying pcmcia-modules packages are also to be found in
> > Incoming.  That ensures the consistency and coherency of Potato and
> > the ability to build boot-floppies.  Thanks.

> Please keep in mind that I don't keep track of the way kernel uploads
> are organized; it's too complicated and it changes too often.

Is there any way to postpone a set of uploaded packages from being
included into the distribution, perhaps with an extra file with a
".wait" extension or something similar?  This file could contain the
names of the extra packages that are needed before this package can be
moved from Incoming.  If I upload one of these required packages, I can
delete its name from this list.  When the "wait" file contains no more
packages, it is deleted and the upload can be incorporated into the
distribution.

Is something like this possible?  I'm just trying to come up with a
quick and dirty way to coordinate this between several maintainers.

- Brian