Re: Preparing for first test cycle

> Date:    Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:54:52 +0200
> To:      Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl>
> cc:      Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.north.de>, debian-release@lists.debian.org
> From:    Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl>
> Subject: Re: Preparing for first test cycle
>
> Previously Richard Braakman wrote:
> > No.  Any such change means aborting the test cycle.  This may be reasonable
> > if a security problem is big enough, but I'm not going to decide that in
> > advance.
>
> I'm certainly very much against releasing with known security holes.
> At this moment we already have to do 2.2.15+1patch :(

This is probably just the first of many test cycles tho... if .15 doesn't
get in the door this time, you can always get it in the next one. I'm
also against releasing with any known security holes, but I also think
it is probably too expensive to abort the test. Unless it can be postponed
for a very short time, say 4-7 days. There's still abt. 12 days in front
of May 2 tho. Maybe there's still time to get the kernel with its patch in?

-Jim

---
Jim Lynch       Finger for pgp key
as Laney College CIS admin:  jim@laney.edu   http://www.laney.edu/~jim/