Re: Updated 2.1r4 package list errata.

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Paul Slootman wrote:
> > Maybe you should have looked better.  Vincent asked for the compiles,
> > and I compiled the following for him (look in ~vincent/INCOMING on
> > master):
>
> I hadn't even looked at the y2k stuff, only at the other stuff. And
> I'm puzzled why this y2k effort seems to be done completely outside of
> any list and hasn't been uploaded at all...

Because I wanted to have my y2k "fixes" to be at least roughly tested by a
few people before to just put them directly in slink (and it seems to have
been a good idea since the updated gnats introduces a bad bug)
Now that they've been tested for 2 weeks I'm confident we can be put into
slink (except gnats so far: I've forwarded the bug report to its
maintainer but haven't gotten any answer so far).

Another thing: the current emacs20 is both slink/potato is *not* y2k
clean (See #43249) and I have no fix so far.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -