Re: 2.1r3 -- no announce?

Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
> >Why was there no announcement for 2.1r3?  Is this on purpose?
> >
> >If someone could give me guidance on what should be noted about 2.1r3
> >in www.debian.org/releases/stable/ I'd be happy to add some stuff.
> >Obviously some stuf on there is now wrong, i.e., new apt.
> >
> >How are plans proceeding for 2.1.1 (kernel update?) ?
> >
> >I lieu of that, do you think we should burn a new slink CD and/or
> >boot-floppies?
>
> CDs are updated, at least for i386 and source (are the others done yet?).
> Phil did them a couple of weekends back.

Nobody's got back to me about fixing the broken dependencies for the
non-i386 architectures.  I've done the source CDs though.

A quick look at the things that have changed in the archive since I
did the i386 images reveals that the packages don't seem to have been
fixed for the other architectures.

There's a problem with trn depending on new (potato) versions of
ncurses, and something similar with sendmail depending on libc6.1 (>=
2.1) IIRC.

Cheers, Phil.