Re: Bioconductor 3.19 transition

FWIW in r2u [1] I updated the 400+ BioConductor packages across the three
distro to their release 3.19 without issues.  As there are no p3m.dev [2]
binaries I build all the BioConductor packages from source. Works swimmingly
as BioConductor, just like CRAN, always tests on Debian/Ubuntu systems.

BioConductor itself builds on / extends r2u [3] and has all of BioConductor
as an apt repo [4] (which, oddly, is still not that widely publicized).  They
seem to prefer these inside containers.

Maintaining 68k packages (23.5k each for focal and jammy, 21k for noble) is
neat as scripts really help, and complete coverage makes use in CI and alike
a breeze.  When I last counted in March r2u had shipped north of 16 million
package, we are now likely north of 18 million.

Dirk

[1] r2u is 'all of CRAN plus 400+ BioConductor packages' on amd64 Ubuntu LTS
for 20.04, 22.04, 24.0 -- see https://eddelbuettel.github.io/r2u
[2] A service from posit at https://p3m.dev, it provides all of PyPi, CRAM
and BioConductor across many different OS and R version combinations
[3] See https://github.com/Bioconductor/bioc2u
[4] One can use https://mghp.osn.xsede.org/bir190004-bucket01/bioc2u/ as an
apt source

--