Re: Matrix update triggering need for four rebuilds

On 15 November 2023 at 07:00, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Am Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 04:49:01PM -0600 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
| >
| > On 14 November 2023 at 16:17, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | |
| > |
| > | Thank you!
| >
| > I misread that, I think. So you updated TMB.  Good.  One done, three to go.
|
| Yes, that is what I intended to express.
|
| > irlba is widely used, OpenMx is big and I think MatrixModels also pops up.
| > If you could do a sweep over those I would appreciate it.
|
| I'll happily update these as soon as possible.  However, I'd like to
| know what might be some sensible means to catch this quickly in future.
| For r-cran-tmb the strict version checking in d/rules (which is not the
| best thing to do according to the release team) was raising some signal.
|
| I'd like to clarify first, whether there will be some better solution
| via some r-matrix-api before I upload those other packages.

I relayed information I got from Matrix upstream in private email which then
also lead to the emails written to r-package-devel I already referenced:

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2023q4/010051.html
  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2023q4/010054.html

There is nothing more at this point.

But we know the remaining Debian packages

  r-cran-irlba
  r-cran-openmx
  r-cran-matrixmodels

require a rebuild.