Re: r-cran-kableextra status?

On 16 May 2023 at 15:32, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| sorry for the late response - I've somehow lost track to your mail.
|
| Am Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 06:50:13PM -0500 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
| >
| > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=989092 details a wnpp from
| > not-quite two years ago, and a follow-up four months later, and then nothing.
| > r-cran-rms (aka 'rms' upstream) now needs r-cran-kableextra (aka 'kableExtra').
| >
| > Shall I consider this a blocker?
|
| Definitely not.  It seems that there was another reject after my second
| upload (to busy to verify).  I'm perfectl fine if you do a team upload
| (as everybody is kindly invited to upload team maintained packages).
| Hope you are more lucky with passing ftpmaster inspection.

I went the other way and patched it out in the initial upload.

And also pointed it out to upstream (with whom I have a good working
relationship) who fully concurred that a Suggests: was appropriate.  So the
package _depending_ on kableExtra now has a mere Suggests:.

Hence I did not do anything further on this, and won't, as I have no need for
kableExtra.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org