Re: r-cran-xlsx r-cran-xlsxjars r-cran-skimr

Hi Eric,

Am Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 07:13:29PM -0400 schrieb Eric Brown:
> Hi again,
> Sorry I realize now that likely xlsxjars cannot be uploaded as is
> because it contains binary .jar files. xlsx needs xlsxjars as a
> dependency. I will investigate further for these ones.

OK, I just realised that also xlsx contains a *.jar file.

> > I was hoping that someone, at their convenience, could review
> > following new CRAN packages, for feedback to upload if appropriate:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-xlsx
> > https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-xlsxjars
> > https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-skimr

I've just uploaded r-cran-skimr to new after removing one documentation
file which contains compressed JS and did some slight polishing.  Please
inspect my commits.

> > The first two I packaged because they are currently among the top 100
> > packages downloaded from RStudio's CRAN repo. I created a small script
> > to identify which of the top 100 packages are not in Debian
> > (https://salsa.debian.org/ericeb/top-cran-packages).

Nice.  I've added

  install.packages("cranlogs")

which works when called via

  R_LIBS_USER="/tmp" R --no-save < top_CRAN_in_debian.R

(so we do not need to package cranlogs).  I wonder whether you want to
move that script to r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities.