Re: R 4.2.0 suggests a rebuild of graphics packages

Hi,

Am Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 10:15:01AM -0500 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:

> R 4.2.0 was released yesterday as scheduled.
>
> Per the NEWS.Rd file [1] in the second section 'Grahphics' the first point is
>
>   GRAPHICS
>
>   The graphics engine version, R_GE_version, has been bumped to 15 and so
>   packages that provide graphics devices should be reinstalled.
>
> so packages providing a graphics device should be rebuilt. We discussed this
> previously (as R 4.1.0 also updated the graphics device capabilities) and I
> still think it is not worth defining a new r-api-* alike tag for this as it
> really only affects a good handful of packages.

Sorry, but its more than a good handful of packages.  Due to the removal
of S.h the API has changed which breaks nearly all BioConductor packages
(see bug #1009467 of r-bioc-biostrings).

Please bump r-api-* since it was invented for purposes like this.