Re: Accepted r-cran-plm 2.6-2+dfsg-1 (source) into unstable

Le lundi 22 août 2022 à 11:47 +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Sébastien,
>
> Am Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 10:26:15AM +0200 schrieb Sébastien Villemot:
> > I don’t understand why you removed the HTML documentation in this
> > upload. I don’t see any compressed JS in the files that you removed,
> > see:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-plm/-/commit/a3fb386f86f2b8ba664add2c716fd1240a69f92f
>
> It became somehow routine to simply trust lintian errors instead of
> checking.  Thus I simply fired up my script that removes the docs.  If
> you think the doc is important feel free to re-add and add according
> lintian-overrides.

I’ve pushed a commit that reinstates the doc and adds a lintian
override.

And thank you for opening #1017966 against lintian.

> Please note: Updating 5-10 CRAN packages every day (and more after
> beeing on vac) requries some kind of automatisation which might end in
> non-optimal results.  If someone wants to step in and join the effort to
> keep CRAN packages up to date I'd be more than happy to share the
> workload.

We already had this discussion, and I understand your viewpoint. As a
matter of fact, relying mostly on automated tools may be the only way
of maintaining so many packages, but at the same time it increases the
risk of mistakes, as shown by the current example.

I can’t help you with all those packages, so I certainly won’t blame
you. I however take care of those packages for which I’m listed in the
Uploaders field (which is the reason why I spotted this mistake).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer