Re: Please use branch names master / upstream / pristine-tar

Hi Doug,

Am Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 01:12:21PM +0000 schrieb Torrance, Douglas:
> > If you want to let team members upgrade this package flawlessly please
> > stick to the branch name master.
>
> Fair enough.  My rationale was that frequently upstream also uses "master", and
> it would simplify my workflow if my local branch names were consistent with the
> remote branch names, especially for packages where I'm also active upstream
> (which, admittedly, is not the case for this particular package).  So I went
> with the (old) DEP-14 recommendation, although I just noticed that this
> recommendation has since been changed to "debian/latest". [1]

I know the reasons for using something else than "master" as default
branch for Debian packaging.  I'm also fine with following sensible
DEP-14 suggestions in the long term.  However, this should be done
consistently in a team wide automatic change to have all our packages
in the same shape.

> Would you recommend that I change the default branches of all the R package
> Salsa repositories that I set up to use "debian/master" so that they instead
> use "master" going forward?

Yes, this would be helpful.

> My apologies for causing problems!
> I went ahead and uploaded the new version
> of r-cran-sets to unstable.

:-)