Re: Please vendor version tarball for destiny on bioconductor page

I spent some time with the destiny package this morning.  It is the first package I've come across that composes
vignettes as jupyter notebooks.  This is interesting and it is nice that R can support this.  To make progress, I found that I
needed to enhance my latex/font setup with tinytex::tlmgr_install for these packages

Tue Sep 14 06:37:07 2021] install: tcolorbox
[Tue Sep 14 06:41:49 2021] install: oberdiek
[Tue Sep 14 06:43:02 2021] install: eurosym
[Tue Sep 14 06:45:09 2021] install: ucs
[Tue Sep 14 06:46:24 2021] install: adjustbox
[Tue Sep 14 06:52:54 2021] install: collectbox
[Tue Sep 14 06:57:37 2021] install: ulem
[Tue Sep 14 07:01:51 2021] install: jknapltx
[Tue Sep 14 07:49:25 2021] install: rsfs

After this, I still ran into

--- re-building ‘Global-Sigma.ipynbmeta’ using nbconvert
Error: processing vignette 'Global-Sigma.ipynbmeta' failed with diagnostics:
Running 'texi2dvi' on 'Global-Sigma.tex' failed.
LaTeX errors:
! Package inputenc Error: Unicode character σ (U+03C3)
(inputenc)                not set up for use with LaTeX.

which seems solvable but I am out of time.

It is mainly up to the destiny developer/maintainer to solve these problems, and as Lori Kern noted
the package is currently slated for removal.

If you are willing to work with the source to get it to build for your use, you can clone the source
from git (not github) at https://git.bioconductor.org/packages/destiny, until it is removed.