Re: How to sneak in Test-Depends like r-cran-testthat into automated testing for BioC packages

Hi Again,

On 9/2/21 1:13 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 08:58:45PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>>
>> We have the salsa CI results, and it's clear that testthat is getting
>> loaded now as opposed to the last CI.
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-bioc-tximport/-/jobs/1897039
>
> This is in contrast to
>
>    https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-bioc-biocparallel/-/jobs/1898498
>
>> BiocGenerics:::testPackage("BiocParallel")
> Error in library("RUnit", quietly = TRUE) :
>   there is no package called ‘RUnit’
> Calls: <Anonymous> -> library
> Execution halted

I managed to get this working, and the smoke test now passes.
However, run-unit-test fails with dependency satisfiability
I'm not sure if this is a transitional failure, and if it is safe to dput.
Please let me know

Broken autopkgtest-satdep:amd64 Depends on r-bioc-rsamtools:amd64 < none @un H >
  Considering r-bioc-rsamtools:amd64 2 as a solution to autopkgtest-satdep:amd64 -2
  Removing autopkgtest-satdep:amd64 rather than change r-bioc-rsamtools:amd64
Done
 Done
Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  autopkgtest-satdep

Nilesh