How to sneak in Test-Depends like r-cran-testthat into automated testing for BioC packages

Hi Dylan,

I'm currently working on some r-bioc-* upgrades.  When trying to upgrade
r-bioc-tximport (I pushed to Git what routine-update delivered so far)
I get

Tippen Sie 'q()', um R zu verlassen.

> library(testthat)
Fehler in library(testthat) : es gibt kein Paket namens ‘testthat’
Ausführung angehalten

(Sorry for the German locale its:
  There is no package 'testthat'
  Execution stopped
)

So how can I sneak in some Test-Depends that are needed for the test?
Or may be it makes sense to always feed r-cran-testthat into the test
environment?