Re: How to sneak in Test-Depends like r-cran-testthat into automated testing for BioC packages

Earlier today I tried to look this up in the manuals because I thought it was
stated explicitly, but did not find it the R Manuals or CRAN Repository
Policy -- yet I am fairly certain "common" CI environments (as used by many
CRAN package authors, most commonly at GitHub, but also services like
win-builder and rhub) automatically inject the test packages because, well,
running a test requires it yet these are not typically added to Suggests.

So adding
  r-cran-runit
  r-cran-testthat
  r-cran-tinytest
should cover all cases. Think of it as addition to Suggests: just how we do
not have list the base packages stats, utils, ... and so on.

My (upstream CRAN) packages do not use the most common CI setup at GitHub
which e.g. package usethis prepares, but I understand that framework adds
them.  I use a smaller / lighterweight one I set up [1] and it does to.

Dirk

[1] https://eddelbuettel.github.io/r-ci/
--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org