Re: Need for maintainers

Dear Eric,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 06:43:34PM -0500, Eric Brown wrote:
> Yes, it was pretty straightforward from there.

:-)

> > BTW, I will have a Debian packaging workshop at FOSSASIA online meeting
>
> Thanks, I just registered for the conference.

Cool!
I should probably send out some information on different Debian
channels once the schedule is fixed.

> > You also want to file an ITP bug report for your package which you
> > can do easily by using
> >
> >    itp_from_debian_dir
> >
> > (in dh-r package).  However, its possibly advisable for pedagogic
> > reasons that you do it at least once manually by
> >
> >    reportbug wnpp
>
> Thanks - I just filed an ITP using reportbug for pingr
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=982895).

I checked this.  I admit I personally have copied most of the packaging
stuff into reportbug (like Homepage from CRAN or the long description as
created by prepare_missing_cran_package).  The script
itp_from_debian_dir is also doing this "lazy" approach.  Just to mention
this while I think your additional information as long description is
perfectly fine and possibly more informative.

> I think I
> will need to be granted access to the R-pkg team on salsa. I have
> created an account (ericeb) and requested access, if that is
> appropriate.

This should work now.