Re: License of gpclib

Hi Toby,

thanks a lot for the prompt response.  I admit I personally fail to
understand the reason for keeping a non-free license for some code just
because there are free alternatives.  In practice we should ask authors
of the R code to switch to those alternatives which is a time consuming
and not very promising effort.  Please note: It is not me / the R
packaging team using the code but we are facing upstream code (which
is partially not maintained actively any more) and need to ask those
upstream authors to touch their code that is working for them.

Thank you for asking Alan Murta anyway

    Andreas.