Re: Need for maintainers

Hi Eric,

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 06:10:22PM -0500, Eric Brown wrote:
> I am a maintainer of a few R packages on CRAN and am interested in becoming
> more involved in Debian, but do not currently have any Debian packaging
> experience. Is there a need for additional maintainers in this Debian R
> group? And if so, is there a resource that describes the best practices for
> maintaining R packages in Debian?

We could probably use every helping hand.  I'm about to go AFK for some
hours but to give you a quick kick-start I'd recommend you do

    sudo apt install dh-r
    prepare_missing_cran_package YourCRANPackage

Just inspect the resulting Git repository and specifically the debian/ dir
in it.

Hope this helps for the moment