Re: Help needed for r-cran-rcppmlpack

On 18 January 2021 at 11:51, Andreas Tille wrote:
| "My local setup" is a fresh sid chroot as used by pbuilder where any
| package should build.

Yes. Something in your local setup differs from how the package is usually
built.

I also now realize that what I was mentioning was the _new_ package mlpack
currently at 3.4.2.1. It is what we all will end up using. However, it
currently has no packages depending on it.

But what you are packaging is the much, much older RcppMLPACK based on what
MLPACK was at 1.0.10 or so. Nobody should use this. Now, as why _this_ fails
for you I do not know as it too seems to be fine at CRAN:

   https://cloud.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_RcppMLPACK.html

Note though that it yields the warning

  WARNING: shared objects/dynamic libraries with hard-coded temporary installation paths

so it may have library path hardcode which would foul of our standard build
process.  Which would be the difference you run into. I don't recall off the
top of what we usually do with that. I think I have two (also older) R
packages on CRAN with a similar issue due to an embedded library.

Medium term you should get upstream for 'genieclust' to switch to mlpack and
package that. I think it will behave well (as per my previous emails about it).

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org