Re: Any idea why there might be two failures in r-cran-ps autopkgtest

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 06:12:12PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I upgraded r-cran-ps[1] to its latest version but it results in two
> failures in its autopkgtest.  I admit I can not realy parse the log
> what the actual failure might be.  Can anybody reproduce this - and
> even better fix this?

To be more verbose on this the error seems to be:

v |  74       | pid reuse [0.1 s]
x |  12 1     | posix-zombie
test-posix-zombie.R:25: error: zombie api
subscript out of bounds
Backtrace:
 1. testthat::expect_identical(ps_terminal(p), ps_terminal(me)) test-posix-zombie.R:25:2
 4. ps::ps_terminal(p)
x |  11 1     | posix [0.2 s]
test-posix.R:15: error: terminal
subscript out of bounds
Backtrace:
 1. ps::ps_terminal(ps_handle()) test-posix.R:15:2

Does anybody have a clue what this might mean and whether we should
possibly ignore this error?  It might be even an artifact of pbuilder?