Re: Hello r-pkg-team

Hi Shayan,

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 01:52:55AM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> A more of an introductory email after joining this team. My name is
> Shayan Doust, and for the past few months, have been packaging for the
> Debian Med team.

:-)

> I've decided to join this team alongside with what I have been doing in
> Debian so far as I am currently learning R. As well as introducing new
> packages which I am using (some of which are not yet available as a
> package), It'd be great to offer a helping hand. Not forgetting that
> this will be a great learning experience for handling anything R-related :).

I think the most interesting fact to learn is that you never should
start packaging something manually.  Just use

   prepare_missing_cran_package CRANNAME

from dh-r package and check the dir

   ../CRAN_prospective

afterwards.  It should contain a git repository with your target package
(and all its dependencies).  If you want more details I'd recommend one
of the two "R packaging BOF" videos you can find here

   https://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/

Welcome in the team