How about a metapackage for pulling frequent build and check dependencies ?

Hello Dirk and everybody,

sometimes I need to create a Debian container in which I will install
all the CRAN and Bioconductor packages that I need from source.

I often end up installing libxml2-dev, libcurl4-openssl-dev, libssl-dev,
and texlive by hand.  And each time, it takes me a minute of distraction
in order to find the name of the package to install.

I wonder if it would be useful to have a "r-suggested" or "r-extra"
metapackage in Debian that would depend on them.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                              Akano, Uruma, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med