Re: Depends: r-cran-rmarkdown (>= 2.0) but it is not installable

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 08:36:15AM +0200, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
> > Hi Andreas, r-cran-rmarkdown depends on r-cran-shiny, which was not
> > rebuilt at that time, but I see that you are just doing that...
> >

> According to the DESCRIPTION file of rmarkdown, there is no dependency
> to shiny. Shiny is only in suggests. It should not be in deps. There
> is a bug in dh-r that could lead to some circular dependency. Did I
> miss something ? I will investigate this.

There is no need to investigate.  r-cran-shiny is mentioned *explicitly*
in Depends since it contains some compressed JS that is shared with
r-cran-rmarkdown and we tried to avoid duplication of nasty code.

No idea whether this is the best solution - but for now we worked around.