Re: R 4.0.0 coming in four weeks

Hi Dirk,

Le ven. 27 mars 2020 à 20:09, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> a écrit :

> First steps I have taken:
>
>  - I made a first release available in "experimental". [3] And I also changed
>    the tag to r-api-4.0.
>
>  - As I and others also work on Ubuntu (directly or also via Travis CI and
>    alike) I also created a new PPA 'r-4.0' and populated it with the build,
>    so far only for 18.04 ("bionic"). [4][5]

Thanks for this!

> We probably need some sort of plan for rebuilding all our packages / staging
> some things etc pp.  I am open to any and all suggestions; I am still not all
> that familiar with how to 'best' proceed both within Debian, and for the
> 'backports'.

To perform the transition from r-api-3.5 to r-api-4.0, we should
follow the recommendation here [1] and open a bug against the virtual
package "release.debian.org" like Sébastien did it here [2] for the
previous transition.

Best,
Dylan

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions