Re: r-bioc-biocinstaller (Was: r-base breaks 9 autopkgtests)

Hi,

Le mer. 24 juil. 2019 à 18:55, Graham Inggs <ginggs@debian.org> a écrit :
> I don't think they will do harm, so shall we look at reverting after
> the r-base migration?
> Does anyone else in the team have an opinion on how to transition from
> r-bioc-biocinstaller to r-cran-biocmanager?

As a user of r-bioc-biocinstaller, I would be happy if an upgrade
automatically install r-cran-biocmanager to replace
r-bioc-biocinstaller. But, if it is not the case this would not be a
big deal.

> > >From my point of view we can also ask for removal of
> > r-bioc-biocinstaller.
>
> Agreed.  It's already removed from testing and not blocking the r-base
> migration, so not urgent.

I agree we can remove r-bioc-biocinstaller, this package is useful
only with Bioconductor <= 3.7. Unstable has Bioc 3.9 and Testing has
3.8.

Best,
Dylan