Re: r-base breaks 9 autopkgtests

Hi Dirk

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 12:09, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> wrote:
> Can you expand that last sentence? I do not understand what you are trying to
> say here. What is "main"?  What are "buildds"? Why would r-base not migrate?

Please see Bits from the Release Team announcement of 2019-07-07 [1],
section "No binary maintainer uploads for bullseye".

Main is the main Debian archive, i.e. excluding contrib and non-free.
Buildds are Debian's autobuilders that build binary packages for the
various architectures.

> Also, speaking to some R Core members at the useR! conference earlier this
> months, we may have the same again in size next April.  Next R may be 4.0.0
> with recompilation need just like for 3.4 and 3.5.

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards
Graham

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/07/msg00002.html