Re: Your upload of r-cran-xts

On 15 March 2018 at 08:41, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
| I've seen that you've made an NMU of r-cran-xts, versioned 0.10-2-0.1.
[...]
| In the future, could you please be more careful and avoid erasing the work
| of your fellow developers?

That one was in a funk. It _was_ an abandoned package, I needed a new version
in one of my dependencies and made it.  If you guys want this one now, fine.

[ Upstream happens to be a close personal friend of mine but whatever. ]

On 15 March 2018 at 11:07, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Dirk, another hint for the future:  Would you please consider
|
|    Set Build-Depends: to current R version
|
| only in those cases where there is any need for it.  Setting explicit
| version constraints in Build-Depends without any technical need creates
| extra work for backporters.

Not a chance as I consider this to be the correct statement as I upload to
debian-devel.  It's one sed call if you backport.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org