Re: R-Packaging Project Space Workflow

[Since at bottom you said you could write to the list I'm just
 answering there.  Please in future just use the list from the
 beginning.]

Hi Oliver,

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 08:04:35AM -0300, Oliver Dechant wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I have a question about packaging, specifically generating the wnpp
> report.
>
> Most (all?) of the ITP requests sent include the Salsa project URL, I am
> apparently unable to create such a new location myself.

Now you can.  I think its a stupid default setting.

> Is the workflow that I should email someone with higher privileges ahead
> of posting the ITP? Will the ITP with a yet non-existing R Salsa Group
> location result in the creation of that project?

An ITP is just an e-mail.  It has no technical side effects (besides
opening a bug in BTS).

> Or is it better to submit
> my ITP as a RFS? I believe RFS is for uploading to Debian. If that were
> the case I suppose I could simply point to a personal project space and
> have the Developer copy the files to Salsa.

Please create the project in Salsa (please let me know if you can not
even now).  Its fine if you ask for RFS on the mailinglist *without* the
official RFS mechanism.  I admit I do *not* follow mentors.d.n so I will
not notice any ITP of an R package.

> I've not found specific direction on this simple matter in the mailing
> list archives.

That's my main argument for always sticking to the list.  Next time
a websearch should uncover the answer.

> In two cases the projects were apparently already on Salsa
> in their own project spaces or in personal project it's not specified.
>
> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-r/2018/03/msg00002.html
> [2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-r/2018/08/msg00000.html

Dylan just knows that we are talking about the same.  If he is just
specifying a package name he can safely assume that I will find it on

    https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/<packagename>

> I can send this question to the mailing list if you'd prefer.

Ne need to repost since I quotet the whole text.  Next time please
use the list in the first place.

Hope this helps