Re: Who is doing what ? (Re: R-base-3.5 transition) level 1 done

Hi Dirk,

On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 10:02:33AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> I was about to start to look into some packages of mine and noticed that the
> very package I was about to work on (as it is maintained by me) was just
> uploaded (not by me). That was abind.

I NMUed this single package since I needed it urgently for the r-cran-magic -
r-cran-geometry dependency chain.  The latter is needed to fix a bug that I
want to fix inside the transition.  I assumed that this is fine since the
last upload of the package had an equivalent changelog.

I do not intend to upload any other package of yours.

> This risks leading to aggregate waste of time.

That's true and as I said I do not intend to upload other packages of yours.

> Can we get a show of hands
> declaring who is working on what, and may that "given that I am not dead yet"
> I get to work on my packages without someone working on the at the same time?

Sorry if you might have spent time on abind.